Oxtail has a specific taste and can be used to make a powerful soup. What is less known is that it can be used to make a delicious stew.
Packaged per piece.
Total weight 500 kg, approx 2-4 pieces.
Price per kg €19,50.
100% grass-fed beef.
- Remove the oxtail from the freezer and leave to thaw in the fridge.
- Fry the pieces of oxtail in the oil until brown on all sides.
- Add tomato paste and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 litres of water and bring to the boil.
- Skim regularly.
- Add onion, celery, carrot and herbs.
- Leave to cook for 3.5 hours on a low heat.
- Strain the soup through a cloth.
- Remove the meat from the bones.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add Madeira.
- Return the meat to the soup.