Organic ham steaks
Ham steaks come from the ham. A tender piece of pork. Delicious for stewing and it is also suitable for making satay.
Packaged at 500 grams.
Price per kg €16,40.
100% organic pork.
- Take the ham steaks out of the freezer and leave to thaw in the fridge.
- Leave the ham steaks in the fridge to cool down to room temperature.
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper.
- Fry the meat in the butter when the foam has disappeared.
- Fry the meat for about 2 minutes until brown on medium-high heat.
- Add ± 1.5 litres of water to the meat. Make sure the meat is just under water.
- Leave the meat to simmer on low heat with the lid halfway on the pan for around 1.5-2 hours.
- Turn the meat regularly and add water if necessary.
- Use a dividing plate. Stew meat benefits from long cooking at a low temperature. On a normal gas cooker, it is difficult not to let the temperature rise too high, so a divider plate is essential. If the meat gets too hot, the proteins in it will contract and the meat will become tough and dry.